Netherlands National Circus comes to Portsmouth
As evidenced by the carnival posters currently adorning every surface of Portsmouth, the circus is coming to the city! And this time around, it’s the Netherlands National Circus, taking place on Southsea Common from Tuesday 14th April through to Sunday 26th April — a stay of 13 days.
This circus is packed to bursting with comedy routines, juggling skills, spectacular illusions, belief-betraying acrobatic stunts and aerial performances, and of course, the traditional gravity-defying trapeze.
Each show will be accompanied by a live orchestra, and will last for two hours. The events are ideal for families.
Show times are as follows:
- Tuesday 14th April: 2:30pm and 7:00pm
- Wednesday 15th April: 2:30pm and 7:00pm
- Thursday 16th April: 2:30pm and 7:00pm
- Friday 17th April: 2:30pm and 7:00pm
- Saturday 18th April: 2:00pm, 4:45pm, and 7:30pm
- Sunday 19th April: 12:30pm and 3:30pm
- Monday 20th April: 6:00pm
- Tuesday 21st April: 4:45pm and 7:30pm
- Wednesday 22nd April: 4:45pm and 7:30pm
- Thursday 23rd April: 4:45pm and 7:30pm
- Friday 24th April: 4:45pm and 7:30pm
- Saturday 25th April: 2:00pm, 4:45pm, and 7:30pm
- Sunday 26th April: 12:30pm and 3:30pm
During the event’s stay, £50.00 high street vouchers are up for grabs, plus a chance to perform alongside the stars in the circus ring. More details about these offers and opportunities can be found on the Big Top Talent website.
Watch the promo video below to get a taster for what to expect from the Netherlands National Circus.